Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Everyday Bombshell



Clearly, I've been all about the leggings this winter. Which has been quite a surprise to me. I was late jumping on the legging bandwagon, not owning a pair until last spring. I'd always thought I hated the way leggings cut off at the ankle..."Who wants to show off her ankles?" Or, God forbid, at the calf.

But this winter, I've eschewed tights in favor of leggings because I really like the ballerina look that they lend to outfits like this one. I feel very, "Oh, just threw this on to leave the dance studio." Nevermind that I've not been inside a dance studio since 1995 when I had to take private ballet lessons in order to cure a tendency to slouch around in a most awkward, ungraceful fashion (shout out to Leslie Wood's Dance Academy in York, NE!).

The Outfit:
Ruffle wrap dress- gift from LucieLu
Black layering tee- Old Navy
Leggings - Lane Bryant
Mary Jane heels- Payless
Mixed metal necklace- gift from Lane Bryant
Gold metal cuff bracelet- Lia Sophia

No comments: