I paired my new jeans with an older favorite tank and a new tuxedo jacket. Check out the shiny lapels.
The jeans and jacket came from Gap this weekend. Did you happen upon the crazy "50%-off-already-clearance-priced-items sale?" It was a complete surprise to me - in the best possible way!
Now, Gap is a tough place for me to shop. The overall aesthetic is right up my ally- tailored with feminine details. However, the folks at Gap do not design for my curvy body. Their clothes are by and large intended for women who lack a butt, hips and breasts (or at least the ratio in which those features appear on my body). That's just the way it goes - not every retailer designs for every body type. So I go in, try on anything made of stretchy fabric and call it a day.
Except those jeans...Gap jeans are a tough fit for me, too. But this pair was calling my name from the clearance rack. They're an even, dark wash (no fading or whiskery accents), they're LONG which is hard to find in stores, and I just generally adore them. They're also 2 sizes larger than I typically wear at other stores. Which is a great lesson. Who cares what the tag says if a garment fits? Don't go into a store and grow discouraged if your usual size doesn't fit. Just size up and get on with the business of looking fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment