Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Mine - Torrid Valentine's Day Give Away

Torrid and I want to tell you how much we (heart) you this Valentine's Day by giving you cute accessories!

You know I believe in the transformative power of accessories - one outfit can become something else entirely thanks to a change in belt, purse, earrings, bracelets, etc. To help get you feeling creative, Torrid sent me a dress and a few different accessories from their collection to play with and model for you.

(Of course we're using the term "model" very loosely).

Here are the pieces I was sent:



Brown leather belt with gold studs; a black and metal stretchy belt; an armful of sparkly bangle bracelets (In plus size...which means they'll actually fit over a Bombshell's wrist. Nice) ; Black strapless dress with an exposed zipper, pockets and leather accents; and a studded/fringed bag.



The mesh belt and bangles paired together felt very rock-glam to me. I, however, am not a rock-glam kind of girl. So I threw on a structured blazer and a red rose pin to make it feel more ladylike. Combined, I think it's a playful mashup of the two aesthetics. In this outfit, I'd expect Dan to take me for cocktails at the W Hotel in Minneapolis.



The bag brown studded belt also seemed to be made for one another, in a boho-chic kind of way. They're both more casual than the strapless dress, so I decided to play up that nature-girl feeling by pulling on a cream cardigan, my gold pinecone necklace and a pair of brown knee-high boots. This would be perfect for a date at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, browsing the exhibits then popping in to the Black Dog Cafe in St. Paul for a glass of wine.

I did mention that there's a give-away here, so one lucky Bombshell will win the glamourous bangle bracelets and the boho fringed bag, as a little "Be Mine" Valentine from Torrid and me to you. To enter, leave a comment* on this post telling me what your personal candy conversation heart would say. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day. Smoooch!

*One comment per person, please.

No comments: